Abuyog Leyte Philippines

 

Abuyog Leyte Philippines

I decided to live in Abuyog Leyte for just a while about 30 Km from my normal place of residence Dulag and about 80 km south of Tacloban. They say a change is as good as a holiday The Municipality of Abuyog has around 60,000 residents

Abuyog got its name when Spanish sailors came ashore in an early settlement at the mouth of the Abuyog River to replenish their supplies

How did Abuyog get its name is quite interesting and humorous?

When the Spanish first arrived, swarms of bees were all over the shore. The Spaniards asked the natives "Cómo se llama el pueblo?", not knowing that the Spaniards asked for the town's name, the natives answered "Buyog". Repeating after the natives, the sailors muttered, "Ah! Buyog". Eventually, the town came to be known as "Abuyog"

Living herein Abuyog.

For me living here, I find the area safe quiet and people-friendly. The land appears very fertile for coconuts and rice. I was surprised they grow mango here as well. The main thing is the surrounding scenery is beautiful.

View from my apartment 

Mango Trees 

 The fish markets in Abuyog town proper is very good and I buy shrimp/prawns there at least once a week. Also, in the town proper, they have a Prince and Pure Gold Supermarkets. If you need other items Tacloban or Bay Bay are not too far away

 


Fresh Prawns from Fish Market

View of Rice and Coconuts from my Apartment Balcony  


The Ocean at sunrise.


The Beach Day Time 

There is an Italian restaurant “Costiera Amalfitana Ristorante Italiano” on the waterfront only a 10-minute walk from my apartment. The owner Tony is a really nice guy who will always make you feel welcome. The food and staff are also great. I recommend the Valdasana Chicken a great meal. They also do what Italians do best and that is Pizza. If you are in the area give it a try.   

 


Italian Restaurant is very nice.


Mountain View 

I also love the view from my temporary apartment toward the mountains it is breathtaking, so pretty! I work online from home and there is so much here in Abuyog I want to see. I will write more in the future

Stay safe and God bless - Robbie

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Free Best whatsapp dp status movieflix images good morning images quotes shayari good night pic Attitude Status Funny Status With Beautiful Images. https://fliximages.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Hope you'll always have a great time there in Abuyog. Yes, it sure is a great place as well as Javier, the next town.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DULAG A SIGNIFICANT TOWN IN LEYTE AND PHILIPPINE HISTORY

A NEW RESORT FOR THE BUDGET CONCIOUS NOT TOO FAR FROM TACLOBAN CITY (DULAG AREA)

MADONNA OF JAPAN TACLOBAN LEYTE PHILIPPINES