ROBBIE RETURNS TO TACLOBAN DURING COVID

 Caught in Angles City During the first Covid wave

I am recovering from a fractured femur I received in an accident in Pampanga. I travel from Tacloban to see my surgeon in Malbalacat and it was planned to stay only a few days.

A long time American friend owned a meat process business in Angeles City. On 03 March 2020, he passed away suddenly. I had loaned this friend a considerable sum of money and decided to stay to see if the loan could be recovered. This proved to be a waste of time as nothing was there. He owed significant amounts to other friends, meat suppliers and other governments departments

Time past and Covid 19 is a concern. Mid-March Angeles City was locked down. Over 60 years old you were not allowed out but months later did obtain a travel pass to go out to see a doctor and physical therapy. At first, there were about 20 guests at this hotel but as the opportunity came they returned to their home country

Time went by and actually stayed just under 6 months at this hotel. It sounds great but not really! The hotel had 45 rooms but there were only 4 guests including me towards the end of 6 months. I would only see the other guests once a week but at times longer. With a fractured femur, I was working online 8 to 10 hours a day which helped with boredom.


My Room for 6 months LockDown Pampanga

The bar and restaurant were very good. The staff here were so good to me

I Robbie is classed as an LSI and wanted to return to the Dulag area just outside Tacloban. Sounds straight forward but it did take some organizing to return. You have to find out the requirements to leave Angles City. In this case an acceptance letter from the Dulag Municipality. Than a Medical Clearance and a travel pass from PNP.

The next step is to find out the requirements for the Dulag Municipality. With my fractured femur, I was not keen on staying in a general quarantine facility for 14 days. I gained contact with the DOH nurse. I could not quarantine in my house as I have a young daughter and family living there. I had built a small duplex across the road for family members and was informed one unit could be used for home quarantine. So, this is where home quarantine was completed. A rapid test was required on the 14th day and then allowed to return to my house.



Quarantine Gate Quite Cute hehe!

Now back at my house with family and daughter. One thing I did learn is Filipinos stranded overseas or locally the best decision is to return to the province. The family unit will stick together and overcome these hard times during Covid. I helped around 8 Filipinos and their children get back to Leyte- over 20 in total.

Fresh Airay my favourite place after Quarantine

 I pray all people will be safe from Covid in the near future. When the opportunity comes to get VACCINATED DO IT!

 God bless all.

Stay safe

Kind regards

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DULAG A SIGNIFICANT TOWN IN LEYTE AND PHILIPPINE HISTORY

A NEW RESORT FOR THE BUDGET CONCIOUS NOT TOO FAR FROM TACLOBAN CITY (DULAG AREA)

MADONNA OF JAPAN TACLOBAN LEYTE PHILIPPINES